Marietta Mediation Lawyer Helping You Find Fair Solutions in Your Divorce
Ensuring you reach a satisfactory agreement as you approach divorce
Some divorces go more smoothly than others. Most of the time there are serious issues that have to be settled in a Georgia court, which is time-consuming and expensive. Sometimes, however, your mutual issues can be settled in advance, away from the court, by a mediator. I have provided mediation for divorcing couples for many years, assisting them in finding acceptable solutions for the important issues that will shape their lives after divorce.
What kinds of things can I discuss during mediation?
Mediation is a way to let a third party into discussions about your divorce and to help keep you and your spouse on track without name-calling or bringing up old issues that no longer matter. Instead, I try to help you state your needs — without acrimony — in the following areas:
- Distribution of property, such as homes, cars and outstanding debts
- Child custody and parenting time
- Child support and maintenance
- Retirement funds
- Tax issues
As a mediator, it is my responsibility to help keep the lines of communication open as you and your spouse find workable solutions to difficult and uncomfortable issues.
You and your spouse barely communicate, so why would you even think of trying mediation?
This is precisely the reason you should consider mediation. When every conversation seems to devolve into an argument, it helps to have someone who can enforce the ground rules to help you keep on topic for more important matters. There are other good reasons to consider mediation, including:
- Cost — As they say, the wheels of justice turn slowly, and that gets expensive. Mediation, on the other hand, is conversation and negotiation at a much lower per-hour rate. It’s simply a more cost-effective method of solving your differences.
- Time — It is much easier to directly address issues without the formality of the courtroom. Though I am a divorce attorney, I am neutral as a mediator, not working for one side or the other. My job is to help you communicate more easily in order to help you arrive at solutions in a quicker fashion.
- Relationships — If you have children, you are both going to be their parents forever, so it will serve you well to learn to work together as ex-spouses for your children’s well-being.
At Gleichman Law Firm, LLC, I’m looking to help you find the best way possible to make your life after divorce a productive one. Entering mediation is a positive step toward finding solutions to your and your children’s needs during a stressful time in everyone’s lives.
Call my Marietta family law firm to find divorce solutions through mediation
If you need to find solutions to your divorce issues without going to court, call the Marietta office of the Gleichman Law Firm LLC for an appointment at 678-331-7058 or contact me online. I try to return all calls within 24 hours, and I make home and hospital visits. My hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and weekends by appointment only. My office is located just off I-575. Free initial consultations may be available upon request.