Marietta, GA Divorce and Wills and Probate Lawyer Protecting Your Family’s Interests
Using my family law and estate planning experience to guide you through crisis
Throughout my 30 years of legal practice, I have learned that there are few things more upsetting to families than divorce or the contesting of a will. And because I know the emotional toll that those processes can take, I’ve dedicated myself to helping my clients personally as well as legally. At the Gleichman Law Firm LLC, I’m committed to your family and your future, whether guiding you through a painful divorce or helping you navigate the often-complex process of probate.
Applying my knowledge to every aspect of the law
There is nothing simple about divorce. The breakup of a family is filled with hurt and mistrust that can strain communication between spouses, if not render it impossible. Likewise, a will contest can unleash long-held resentments among family members that cloud their judgment and split families apart. I do my best to maintain an open, calm atmosphere when dealing with these combustible elements and provide advocacy and counsel in the following areas:
- Divorce – As a seasoned family law attorney, I’ve handled divorce cases of every kind. In Georgia, there are 13 grounds for divorce, but one of those allows your marriage to be dissolved on the grounds that it is irretrievably broken, with neither party needing to show that the other party did anything wrong. This is considered a no-fault divorce. If you seek a divorce based on any of the other 12 grounds, you should seek help from an experienced family law attorney who will fight for your best interests.
- Child custody – Too often, child custody disputes are the most contentious part of a divorce, which is another reason to call upon the services of a veteran lawyer for help with issues including paternity (whether establishing it or disputing it), joint custody, fathers’ rights, grandparents’ rights, visitation, modifications and enforcement of orders.
- Child support – How much child support you must provide depends upon factors such as your income, employment prospects or changes in your living circumstances. I have a thorough knowledge of the child support system and know how to arrange for modifications or enforcements of existing support agreements.
- Mediation – In negotiating a divorce settlement, I often stress the benefits and advantages of mediation for couples, since it offers the best chance for them to make informed and rational decisions about their life following divorce. It is also a quicker and cheaper route to divorce.
- Alimony – In representing individuals in divorces, I have become intimately familiar with the process of calculating alimony as well as the various reasons —such as job loss or gain or a pay raise or decrease in salary — for modifying current support orders.
- Wills and probate – One of my main areas of practice is handling wills and probate. In addition to helping individuals draft wills that thoroughly specify their wishes and advising them on which assets may avoid probate, I have also helped clients handle contested wills.
- Trusts – I have a great deal of experience in establishing trusts, including irrevocable trusts, revocable trusts, grantor trusts, estate trusts and family trusts. I’m also experienced in trust administration and trust litigation.
- Business law – I have expanded my practice to include business law, dealing with matters such as patent infringement, patent litigation, copyrights and copyright litigation, and protection of trademarks and intellectual property. In addition, I have worked on cases involving small businesses, franchises and shareholder disputes.
- Personal injury – In representing victims of personal injuries sustained in accidents, my clients include those who’ve suffered injury in car and truck accidents as well as those who’ve been involved in slip and fall accidents on someone else’s premises.
- Civil litigation – In handling civil litigation, or non-criminal law, cases, I represent parties in disputes between two individuals over damages or compensation.
At the Gleichman Law Firm LLC, whether you need skilled and compassionate counsel for a divorce or estate planning matter or a determined litigator to fight for you in another kind of legal dispute, you receive highly personal service from an attorney you can trust.
Call my Marietta divorce and wills and probate law firm for sound legal advice
If you need help during a divorce, guidance about a will in probate or any other legal counsel, call the Marietta office of the Gleichman Law Firm LLC for an appointment at 678-331-7058 or contact me online. I try to return all calls within 24 hours, and I make home and hospital visits. My hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and weekends by appointment only. My office is located just off I-575. Free initial consultations may be available upon request.